This position is in the corrugated packaging division of International Paper. We are one of the largest corrugated box manufacturers in the world. This position is located in the Beaverton, OR Box facility and reports to the Complex Sales Manager.¬
Responsible for creating efficient and innovative structural designs for corrugated packaging. Working closely with sales personnel and/or customers in identifying customer needs.¬ Managing design projects and assisting in all phases of design processes - from initial customer needs assessment through customer approval of final design.¬ Working closely with plant production personnel to ensure the plant‚€™s ability to run proposed designs efficiently. ¬ Providing clear and accurate structural drawings. ¬ Maintaining project files and CAD files.¬ Operating and maintaining the sample cutting table.¬ Acting as a resource to sales, customers and the plant for solving style and strength issues.¬ Working with tooling vendors and providing accurate files in a variety of formats for printing plate and cutting die orders. Working as a member of the NW Design team and providing assistance and back-up as needed.¬ Working safely and accident free in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Minimum 7 years design experience
- Demonstrated CAD skills (Arden Impact preferred)
- Able to maintain specifications
- Versatile, can utilize different systems to help different facilities with differing processes during transition
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong people skills, with the ability to work with a variety of personalities from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to operate totally independently, manage all priorities
- Strong knowledge of corrugated ‚€“ styles, strength characteristics, etc
- Excellent phone skills.
- Strong computer skills;¬ knowledge of ¬ all Windows applications ¬
- Strong ‚€œcustomer-in‚€ mentality and sense of urgency to respond to customers quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and adhere to safety rules and practices
- 4 year degree in related field
- Experience operating a sample cutting table
- Experience working with produce market utilizing MPS
- Clear understanding of retail/club store business