Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company?? Are you passionate about troubleshooting technology and assisting customers with advanced support for complex escalations? ?Are you ready to make a difference and?assist the Planar team as we help shape the way people think about and use visual display technology now and into the future??? If you thrive on problem-solving at an advanced level, love technology and have a passion for supporting customers ? both in the field and remotely, this job is for you.
We are seeking a Customer Service Engineer (CSE) who is responsible for successfully resolving complex end user, service partner and internal team inquiries, as well as escalations regarding Planar and Leyard direct-view LED products. Utilizing diagnostic tools, internal expertise and knowledge-base features, paired with excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, the CSE-LED provides advanced technical support and field based services to resolve escalated customer issues in a timely manner. Additionally, the CSE-LED delivers training to both internal and external customers on product performance, specifications, and troubleshooting techniques. The CSE-LED will also work on special projects to meet the needs of the Service Team and Planar as a whole.
- Provide timely third-tier and advanced technical support, guidance, and problem resolution to internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoot complex technical concerns and communicate resolution strategies to internal and external customers. Collaborate with internal resources, as necessary, to determine best solution for new or unfamiliar issues. Use both internal and external resources to devise and implement effective solutions for previously unseen issues from customers. Initiate documents and/or repair kits, as required, to resolve these issues, and provide guidance to Planar and Leyard partners for implementing them.
- Provide field-based services to include installation, repair, troubleshooting, routine maintenance, onsite training, and submission of trip reports. The CSE-LED is frequently the only Planar or Leyard representative on-site, and is expected to represent the company in a professional, positive manner.
- Document customer issues, interactions, troubleshooting steps, progress and results in existing databases in a timely manner. Ensure that new techniques or solutions to new problems are sufficiently documented to be available to other team members for future issues where they would be relevant. Add to knowledge base as new information about products, solutions, and processes becomes available.
- Provide technical information, training, and assistance on direct view LED products to internal customers.
- Author service bulletins, instructions, and white papers as necessary to facilitate understanding of technical processes for both internal and external customers.
- Represent the direct view LED wall Service Team in company ECO / ECR process. Monitor ECOs (Engineering Change Order) and ECRs (Engineering Change Request) for service-related changes and distribute them promptly to affected service team members.
- Monitor customer issues to identify trends, and escalate failure trends to appropriate Planar resources.
- During trade shows, product demos, or extensive projects that involve a large number of field engineers and installers, CSE may be called upon more often to assist in the field.
- ?Alternatively, CSE may be tasked to support trade shows, product demos, or extensive installation projects, to augment field engineers and installers.
- Ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct
- Ability to come to work demonstrating timely and regular attendance
- Ability to handle stress & changing business needs
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Service Team - Coordinate escalation resolution strategy
- Engineering Team - Determine causes for customer issues
- Production Team - Provide feedback from customers on products
- Product Managers - Find out details of product performance, provide customer feedback on issues? ?
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with direct view LED technology, installation procedures, and challenges associated with achieving and maintaining high quality image display.
- General electronic and mechanical familiarity
- Competence with common hand tools and hand-held power tools
- Ability to follow medium-to-complex technical instructions?
- Basic FRU (field replaceable unit) and cable repair / replacement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate appropriate information to customers and team members in a professional manner
- Ability to gather and clearly communicate technical information to/from customers with a wide variety of technical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to train, mentor, motivate and lead team members
- Maintain a positive, professional demeanor in all dealings with customers
- Accept and demonstrate ownership of customer?s issues; either continuing to full resolution, or overseeing hand-off to other indicated parties.
- Decision-making, maintain discretion, problem analysis, independent judgement
- Establish and adjust relative priorities of multiple escalations
- Keep informed about changes to Planar and Leyard direct view LED product lines, to better address customer issues that arise in new / revised products.
- Mental ability to conduct on-going interpersonal interactions, analyze and solve problems essential.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes.
- Physical ability to use computer hardware/software required.
Knowledge of other organizational functions:?
- Extensive knowledge of product engineering functions, responsibilities and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and responsible parties for their completion.
- Familiarity with marketing, sales, and distribution processes and documentation.
Education & Experience
- Associate?s degree or equivalent in an electronics discipline
- Demonstrated experience with LED technology
- Minimum of 2 years of experience installing, maintaining, or supporting complex electronic systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of Experience in resolving post-installation issues on complex electronic installations.
- 5-8 years Combined work in electronics / technology / customer service industry
Other Requirements: (examples listed below)
This position requires the incumbent to work in an environment where there may be regular exposure to the following:
- Working with others in a team setting.? The CSE works both independently and as a member of cross-functional teams.
- Extensive travel
- Substantial time outside regular work hours
- Heavy lifting
- Extensive standing
- ON-call status
Working hours -?Variable. Typically, 8 hour days in the office (day shift) when not travelling, with the potential for evening / weekend / holiday support required for specific business needs/ escalations
CSEs must often access sensitive government / military / commercial sites; potential candidates must be US citizens, or actively involved in obtaining US citizenship
In addition, any potential candidates must be able to freely enter / exit the US in order to travel internationally
?If interested, please apply online at www.planar.com/careers.?