A Business Development Specialist (Real Estate) is a real estate agent who helps clients with all of their real estate buying and selling needs. When selling property, clients look to Business Development Specialists to advise them in staging and marketing their home and pricing it comparably to their local real estate community. Likewise, when searching for and buying a home, Business Development Specialist provide important expertise for finding the perfect home and advocating during price negotiations. As a Business Development Specialist, you must be creative, independent and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarize yourself with the local real estate industry and keep on top of home sales and values
- Constantly communicate with clients to make sure all their questions are being answered and they have all the help they need
- Help clients find creative ways to make their home marketable and valuable
- Advocate for your clients to other Business Development Specialists and reach favorable agreement terms for home sales and purchases
- Advertise your Business Development Specialist services within the local community
About John L. Scott
Since our founding 80 years ago, John L. Scott puts extra care into listening to our clients and focusing on the best way to meet their needs. We are at the forefront of creating innovative marketing programs and strategies to help our Brokers get homes sold quickly. With over 100 offices and 2,600 agents throughout the Pacific Northwest, we are one of the largest regional real estate companies in the nation.
Regulatory Notice. To work as a real estate agent (and be qualified for this position) you must have (or obtain) a real estate license. Like getting a driver's license, state authorized training/testing is required to get certified. Third-party educational institutions provide this fee-based training to the general public.