Lean Manufacturing Kaizen ▪ Six Sigma ▪ Start-Up Operations ▪ Continuous Process Improvement
Results-driven leader offering dynamic management career leading operations, logistics, distribution, procurement, and project management initiatives that maximize productivity, increase process improvements, and generate millions in cost savings. Effective in managing multimillion-dollar budgets and P&L of up to $7M, inventory control, and workflow planning while consistently meeting or exceeding all KPI metrics. Strategic planner, problem solver, and persuasive leader with reputation for transforming high-potential, cross-functional staff into top performers. Well-honed communication skills and record of building and optimizing operations for the aerospace/aviation industry and warehouse/supply chain environment, driving performance, profitability, and delivering results. Willing to travel.
Driving process improvement, workforce development, and operational efficiency!
16950 NW Desert Canyon Dr ! Mobile: 503.840.4667 Beaverton, OR 97006 firstname.lastname@example.org
Core knowledge and skill areas include:
• Operations & Supply Chain Management
• Vendor Relations & Contract Negotiations
• Workflow/Workforce Planning
• Inventory Control & Management • Logistics & Materials Management • Staff Management & Development •
Project Planning & Scheduling
Budget Development & Cost Reduction
Quality Assurance Control/ Standards
! PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
!SMART CONSULTING, INC., PORTLAND, OR
Supply Chain Management Consultant
Provided expert oversight for assigned consulting projects in the areas of operations that included strategic
planning in supply chain solutions. Spearhead Software supply chain solutions in accordance with client-specific requirements, and develop metrics to increase efficiency, team output, quality, cost containment and to create value for customers.
COLUMBIA INDUSTRIES, INC., HILLSBORO, OR 2014–2015
Warehouse Operations Manager
Executed operational initiatives for all aspects of inbound, outbound, and inventory control functions of the distribution center including labor forecasting and scheduling, inventory management, staff development, and labor relations. Recruited, hired, trained, scheduled, and managed a strong team of 15 employees. Oversaw distribution plant operation management systems implementation, workflow planning, and personnel. Prepared responses to RFQs. Negotiated contracts with outsourced suppliers and vendors. Managed annual warehouse distribution budget of $5M. Reported directly to the COO.
Enhanced distribution operations via lean strategies that increased efficiencies, reduced costs, and simplified operations. Results: Increased efficiencies 20%, and improved quality 30%.
Generated a savings of $65, 000 by implementing a barcode scanning system.
Cut operational costs by more than $130, 000 annually through effective workflow regulation, workforce utilization improvement, and cross training personnel.
▪ Took charge of assessing and identifying business process gaps and approving Software systems implementation to support business processes while ensuring fast, easy, and seamless integration.
▪ Implement lean supply chain strategy to improve product flow and reduce cycle time and reduce stock holding.
▪ Improve network efficiency through continuous process improvement strategies, better asset positioning and utilization of resources.
Proactively troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during the implementation process.
▪ Collaborated with the customer project team during the project configuration, testing, training, and execution of new SOPS, MRP and SAP applications.
▪ Achieved 10% reduction in shrink through the implementation of warehouse management systems (WMS) and efficient POS software solutions.
! ▪ Generated a cost savings of $500,000 by identifying obsolete stock and delisting inventory.
MARC MESTYANEK-PAGE 2 Mobile: Mobile: 503.840.4667 email@example.com
!DB SCHENKER (INTEL), HILLSBORO, OR 2012–2014
Directed daily operations with a staff of 68 employees at Intel’s Aloha facility. Led development, design, operations, and continuous process improvement initiatives. Charged with budget management of $1M, forecasting, production, and delivery schedule, and driving accountability for quality, regulatory compliance, and service levels. Served as liaison to internal departments and 3rd-party vendors, coordinating projects and ongoing operations. Managed 5 direct reports and 20 indirect reports.
Decreased labor costs and improved workforce efficiency and quality by adjusting labor volume, effectively managing time and labor resources, and guiding supervisors in the effective management of workflow processes.
o Cut operational costs 50% and increased on-time delivery from 80% to 95% by Kaizen approach to quality issues rooted in manufacturing.
Developed loyal, top-performing staff and improved teamwork through streamlined systems and processes for cross-departmental communication.
Saved $400,000 annually by reducing fixed spending through better utilization of resources.
Catalyzed Continuous Improvement and informed business decisions by establishing statistical tracking for key performance indicators.
INTEGRATED FLIGHT SYSTEMS, RENO, NV 2007–2008
Vice President of Operations
Selected to manage $10M acquisition operations with direct accountability for purchasing of new facility, staffing requirements, hiring and training of new employees, and relocation process. Collaborated with senior management team in strategic planning and met high-rate-production and financial targets during periods of tremendous transition. Select Accomplishments:
▪ Introduced warehouse management system that reduced inventory levels, labor management, shipping, billing, and invoicing capabilities; resulted in increased workforce accountability and an immediate improvement in productivity.
▪ Exceeded anticipated results and awarded $1.5M above the agreed purchase price due to team securing large contract.
▪ Oversaw all aspects of inventory control including inventory reconciliation, warehouse slotting, and product transfer. Collaborated with transportation, vendors, and procurement to manage inventory levels, execute inbound and outbound product transfers, and resolve unforeseen issues.
▪ Reduced Workers’ Compensation costs 40% ($150,000 annually) through improved safety planning, implementation of a comprehensive cross-training program for all facility staff and performance management accountability.
▪ Developed new quality standards for better quality performance and reliability; drafted KPIs and metrics to identify requirements of manpower, funding, materials, and services.
▪ Designed and implemented an ABC analysis to determine fast-moving/high-value product vs. slow-moving/low- value product.
!BLUE HAWAIIAN HELICOPTERS 2005–2007
Held broad scope of responsibility that included P&L accountability, strategic resource planning, compliance, purchasing, and maintenance management of 20 American Eurocopter aircraft for 4 bases located in Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Big Island. Powered $10M in annual sales and maintained $7M inventory. Select Accomplishments:
▪ Reduced inventory surplus 20% by implementing demand-based planning process and MRP system.
▪ Improved on-time delivery by implementing project planning system based on teamwork, quality, and
customer satisfaction goals.
▪ Generated a cost savings of $700,000 by requesting consignment inventory from an aircraft manufacturer.
!Realized an annual cost savings of more than $200,000 as a result of restructuring aircraft maintenance process.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Santa Monica College – Santa Monica, CA
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) & Certified Production & Inventory Management (APICS)–In progress Word ▪ Excel ▪ Access ▪ PowerPoint ▪ EXE Warehouse Management System
Numerous MRP applications ▪ Lean Manufacturing Kaizen ▪ Leadership & Management Training (Dale Carnegie)
Member: American Management Association