Senior Sales Training Manager - Sales Management and Leadership
16780 Southwest Spellman Drive • Beaverton, Oregon 97007 • (503) 329-4886 • Luis.firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/luisperezleon
A dedicated and goal-oriented Director of Training, Trainer/Facilitator. Leverages practical experience with exceptional leadership and communication skills, working well with all levels of an organization and empowering team members to meet and exceed established business objectives.
Has extensive experience in a variety of Program Development and Training, Management Development, Compliance Development and Training, Project Leadership and Sales and Licensing Training.
A consistent producer with a proven track record of identifying areas for improvement developed training programs to achieve maximum effectiveness while maintaining high standards in positioning a company for long-term growth.
Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop Elements 7, Adobe Acrobat X, Publisher, Adobe Connect, Video Editing (Sony Vegas Platinum 8.0), Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 program
COMBINED INSURANCE COMPANY OF AMERICA, Portland, Oregon
Master Trainer & Director of Training
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Trained, managed, certified, and evaluated Trainers/Facilitators
Trained new employees in classroom environment to become “Field Ready to sell”, as well as involved in executive management development training programs.
Certified eight facilitators for eAgent program and conducted iPad training of 1,600 agents, managers, and executives in 2013-2015 throughout the United States. The eAgent Program introduced the electronic insurance application, underwriting, sales presentations, and compliance for various states.
Certified numerous sales school trainers for sales training classes; certified five license trainers for 22 states. I was responsible for Training Centers on the Western United States training over 1,200 students a year.
Supported the training department and sales field by creating and developing variety of training modules and manuals:
17-Week Success Guidebook to support company’s Personal Development Program.
- Goal-Setting Manual titled My 7th Essential Action Plan.
- Updated The Five Sales Manuals to include Enhanced Sales Model processes and sales techniques for the newly designed training manual titled The Guidebook.
- Revised and updated the 13-week Field Training Program Manual.
- Developed the W. Clement Stone 17 Success Principles cards.
- Increased first-time passing assisting in the development of the first National License Training curriculum in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Developed and delivered training for Enhanced Sales Model Management Development Program.
- Served as project leader of Future Advancement through Mentorship and Education (F.A.M.E.); focused on training and developing women into managerial and executive positions.
- Designed instructional materials for Sales Training Course.
- Territory Managers Training Program for corporate.
- Helped design and develop the Selling 4-Block Roll-on material and Sales Presentations for new product roll-out
- Won award for Special Contribution to Training Award
- Earned the W. Clement Stone (WCS) Emerald Award.
- Stringwriter Award (Wrote 100 policies a week for three consecutive weeks)
- Completed Junior Executive Training Programs I, II, III, IV, and V (Corporate Management Development)
- Developed six people into management during first six-month cycle as sales manager.
- Trained first 100% license class for Washington State.
- Increased Washington State’s first-time pass from 23% to 75%
- Maintained 97% of Washington new agents trained to enter the field as licensed and ready to sell
- Certified and mentored assigned sales trainers, all of whom achieved Five-Star Performer.
- Mentored first-ever double Five-Star Performer.
- Achieved 91% first-time pass in Tri-West Training Region, which was made up of 22 states.
- Completed Personal Self-Development Program.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCEWITH COMBINED INSURANCE
National Training Project Coordinator, 2007-2009
- National Director of License Training and Continuing Education, North America, 2004-2007
- Director of Training, Western Division, 2002-2004
- Assistant Director of Training, Western, Rocky Mountains, Southwest Divisions, 1994-2002
- Divisional Sales and License Trainer, 1989-1994.
- Sales Service Office Administrator, 1988-1989.
- Regional Administrator, 1987-1988.
- Divisional Sales and License Trainer, 1986-1987.
- District Manager, 1984-1986. Worked in district with zero sales representatives; hired and trained district to employ 17 sales representatives. Hired and developed one District Manager, three Territory Managers, and six Sales Managers, with annual premium base of $1,200,000.
- Regional Sales and License Trainer, 1983-1984.
- Territory Manager, Bend, Oregon, 1982-1983.
- Sales Manager, Salem, Oregon, 1980-1982.
- Sales Representative, Portland, Oregon, 1980.
DELANO HIGH SCHOOL, Delano, California, Teacher and Coach, 1979-1980. Taught Health, Physical Education, and Science classes from Freshmen to Seniors. Served as Head Coach for girls’ softball and Freshman Baseball teams. Chaperoned a variety of campus events.
SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY, Ashland, Oregon, Campus Security Officer, 1978. Patrolled college campus to secure buildings and dormitories. Patrolled campus parking lots, offered assistance when needed, and issued tickets for parking violators. Provided security for events during sporting events and concerts on campus.
Combined Insurance Company of America, Sales Training School, Portland, Oregon
- Management Training and Development Programs
- Franklin Covey, First Things First Class, Chicago, Illinois
- LOMA I (Life Office Management Association)
- ASTD Conference and various seminars (American Society for Training and Development)
- Numerous diverse training programs and coursework including sales and management with a variety of subject matter both external and internal
SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY, Ashland, Oregon, B.S., Education, 1978
Life and Health Insurance, Portland,